Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Survival of the fittest!!

edited September 2008 in General Discussion
So anyone else getting little storms from the hurricane?<br><br>The other night my mom, sister, and I were just sitting down with dinner to watch a movia and 5 min. into it..BAM! The electricity is down.<br><br>Now I LOVE storms. They are so fun and energizing. I get very hyper and bounce all over the place. For me that isn't normal. <br><br>We had to search all over for some flashlights. Also, we lit a billion candles. My mom kinda collects them so it comes in handy. We hung around the kitchen and we heard a snap and branches broke off the tree. One landed on this cage thing for my dog. Luckily it didn't land inside it or damage it. Then my mom wanted to go out in the car to get something but she didnt feel like driving so I drove in the storm and it was awesome except for the fact I couldn't see. She had to come with me since I dont get a license until october. The car would swerve a bit from being pushed and such but everything was all good. The store ended up just shutting but a worker was there and my mom overpaid for what she needed. <br><br>Well we hung out more at home. It ended up getting really hot upstairs where I sleep and the air conditioning won't work. None of us also didnt have any alarms to wake us up for school/work. But we did have one working cell phone. My phone and sister's phone was dead. So we set the alarm on that. <br><br>Everyone got up around 4am before the alarm. Power was still out. We got out my sisters battery radio and I went up for a shower in the dark aound 6. My mom comes banging on the door to tell me I have no school. Power was out down by it. My sister had to go to middle school though. She was soo mad. <br><br>I had nothing to do all day. I could get on my computer (laptop) but no internet. We had no power for a total of 24 hrs. So boring. Turns out over 190,000 people in Ohio had no power. They sent the workers to texas so that's why it took so long. :/<br><br>Sorry if this post seems like a mess. I am just so happy I have power. ;p<br><br>p.s. Seemed like everyone had generators but us. It was freezing and it felt like back when there was no tv, computer, phones, ect. xD
8x32tt.png

Comments

• My grandparents have no power D:
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.
  • Wow.<br><br>I'd die...
    2dglycl.png
    This is Starry :]
    I lost my info to other account so.
    Whoop Whoop!
  • I had no power too! No school for the second day in a row. I'm one of the lucky ones who got power back fist :]<br>I was at a concert when these huge 70mph winds started coming. This thing was in a huge open field by the river, the tents where insane and all falling over and they had to take like half the stage down. Everyone was flying around into other people. It was insane XD
    slipknot-1.png
  • Omg that sounds like fun Cybe! I love storms. We almost had no school today but then the power came back late at night. Wish I didnt have it because I had power and I could do something with my time off. lmao
    8x32tt.png