Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question

edited June 2008 in General Discussion
I dont mean to sound crude or anything but why is the word gay not allowed in posts? Should we replace it with homosexual when posting?
~Frost~

Comments

• <span style="font-size:75"><span style="font-weight:bold">Yeah, I noticed that. I thought it was wrong. They act like it is a bad word. They do want people to use the word homosexual rather then other words. :roll: </span></span>
    cr7179.png
  • why do people always think that homosexuallity is so wrong? I am gay and everyone around me seems to think its such a bad thing. Why cant people ever just accept us as we are? is it askin to much??
    ~Frost~
  • Frost wrote:
    why do people always think that homosexuallity is so wrong? I am *edited* and everyone around me seems to think its such a bad thing. Why cant people ever just accept us as we are? is it askin to much??
    <br>I really don't think that anyone has a problem with it :? You should do some research before accusing people. I think the Ops just don't want anything to start over this. I don't know if you've noticed, but people argue ALOT on the forums, and often over very silly stuff.<br><br>----<br>edit....<br>----<br><br>and i do think that that word was just something created by hippocrits. It sounds like it would be. homosexual in my opinion, sounds like a better thing to call people who are. the other word just sounds like someone criticizing you. :)
  • Moonlight wrote:
    Frost wrote:
    why do people always think that homosexuallity is so wrong? I am *edited* and everyone around me seems to think its such a bad thing. Why cant people ever just accept us as we are? is it askin to much??
    <br>I really don't think that anyone has a problem with it :? You should do some research before accusing people. I think the Ops just don't want anything to start over this. I don't know if you've noticed, but people argue ALOT on the forums, and often over very silly stuff.<br><br>----<br>edit....<br>----<br><br>and i do think that that word was just something created by hippocrits. It sounds like it would be. homosexual in my opinion, sounds like a better thing to call people who are. the other word just sounds like someone criticizing you. :)
    <br><br>Yea i know people fight all the time so thats a good point. I was just wondering why its edited out because i had a dye that had the word in it and it left it on the dye but when iposted on the forum it took it out. I do believe that Homosexual is the more official term (kinda like apalachian americans) i also think that "that" word has picked up a negative conentation over the years because of misuse. You make a good point though, thank you. Sorry it just got me curious.
    ~Frost~
  • Its edited out because that's the word that people wrongly insult each other with and when used in that way can be VERY offensive...I hate it when people use that word as if its a bad thing, or an insult. :roll:
    Bye.
  • i hate when its used as an insult too dont feel bad
    ~Frost~
  • As Kite said, it's not the word that is offensive, it's how some very inconsiderate, non thinking people were using it derogatorily... Saying it as a bad thing or to put down someone else.<br><br>It's a popular phrase in some parts of the world as a derogatory, so it was banned to keep from insulting those who are of that preference.
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • Using it offensively like Kite said :wink:
    Please PM if I win anything.