Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dalmation Or German Shepherd?

edited June 2008 in General Discussion
I'm going to Atlanta either this weekend or next weekend and I am planning on getting a dog while I'm there. I want a Dalmation or German Shepherd but I can't decide which one I want. So what do you think I should get?

Comments

• German Shepherd<br><br>I owned one before and they are very sweet dogs. They are very intelligent and are willing to learn and protect their owners. They can also be taught to stay in the yard without a leash or fence.
    8x32tt.png
  • Def. German Shepherd<br><br>I had one before I.. had to give him away. He was very sweet and intelligent, got on great with my other dog too. :D
    bluehh.
  • German Shepherd....I haave one now, and she is soooo sweet! And she is a very good watch dog, too.
    558496471654157oq3.jpg
    If u want to be added PM me! http://luvsmyanimals.blogspot.com/
  • The best dog i ever owned was a dalmation. We live on a farm and have cattle and cats and goats. He barked at first, but all you had to do was say leave them alone once and he quit. He never bothered any of them and was really sweet with all of us as little kids. so i am going to have to say dalmation :D
    Call me Nel. :D
    RIP2.gif
    6cdyza8.jpg
  • German Shepheard.
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.
  • Keep in mind that you have to be careful where you get any popular breed of dog. You should be researching breeders to make sure the dogs they breed are healthy and well tempered. Never buy from a pet store as you have no idea what you are getting.<br><br>Both GSD's and Dalmatians are quite popular and quite massively bred. Because of this both breeds have a number of poor breeders and you can end up with pups with aggression problems or health issues.<br><br>You should research common health problems in both breeds and ensure that the breeder that you are buying from screens for these issues and does not breed any dogs that are affected by them.
    ori_zps9dc2c8d8.png