Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody Else Crazy about Japan?

edited January 2008 in General Discussion
People who know me from chat already know that I am just a wee bit obsessed with all things Japanese :D. I am slowly learning to speak it using the Pimsleur program I'm on lesson 13 in level one. I can't really hold much of a conversation yet but I'm getting there LOL. I also recently bought three books called "Japanese from Zero!" which I've found to be quite helpful. They teach you to progressively learn to read the three forms of Japanese writing hiragana, katakana and kanji as you progress through the books. I'm on chapter 4 of book one which teaches you hiragana so I can only recognize a few of them so far but that's better than nothing lol. <br><br>Anyway, I was wondering if there is anybody else here who is learning or knows Japanese? I'd be interested in PMing or maybe starting a message board somewhere that we could use to chat about it without clogging up VP with it *grins*. Plus we could also talk about my other two Japanese obsessions anime and manga :D. If enough people are interested I'll start a message board an PM the url to those who are interested.
taras.jpgninatails.gif
Tara.png

Comments

• I want to learn Japanese on my own really badly *you can only guess what got me into it >.<*<br><br>So...if you have links to good websites/books, You could PM those to me and make me happy XD<br><br>Could be one of those things to do when I have nothing to do :P Hopefully next week sometime I can stop at a bookstore, and try to find something to get me started :)
    All good things must come to an end. All endings will begin new good things.
    mini_nickel_vere_roan_quin_by_evlonarts_d6ih13_by_jaded_night-d775ero.png
  • I do know of one web site that I can PM you. They have lessons unfortunately they charge for them. But they also have the books that I bought from Amazon which in my opinion are worth getting I'm really enjoying working my way through the first in the series. My suggestion for free Japanese lessons would be to check iTunes if you have it. I'm pretty sure there are a few podcasts on there that have free Japanese lessons.<br><br>Ooh and I almost forgot hehe. Your banner does kind of give away where you developed your desire to learn Japanese :D. Bleach and Death note are two of my favorite anime/manga series. I'm not too fond of Light though lol. I'm more of an L fan 8) .
    taras.jpgninatails.gif
    Tara.png
  • My cousin used to live in Japan which got me started. I have some coins scattered around the house, I know a little bit, not a whole lot. Once I find my booklet, I'm using a program on the computer to learn japanese. :)
    2mhssbd.png
  • i love how the japanese write, i go to an international school so i get them to write little bits for me :P <br><br>also this year at college we had the chose to go to either Japan or New York, i chose New York :oops: :P <br><br>Bit still wanna go Japan someday.<br><br>{ im going to New York on the 10th of Feb :lol: :D cant wait }<br><br><br><br>sorry for taking over this post :oops:
  • I love Japanese I can count and can kind of recognizes some letters not much I would LOVE to learn more but my computer wont take any new programs so I can't use the programs(and I don't really understand the books) so it sucks.
  • OMG. <br><span style="color:red">i <span style="font-size:150">LOVE</span> Japan♥</span>. :shock: <br><br><span style="color:green"><span style="font-size:75">I really want to visit Sapparo and i love the movie Memoirs of a Geisha...im pretty sure that takes place in Japan. I use to know japanese but over time i forgot it and i really want to learn it again, but i don't know how. and for my schools foreign language programs Japanese isnt in there so i can't learn it that way. i would deff take that instead of spanish.</span></span> :D<br><br><br>oh and for our high school senior class trip, we might go to Japan..im so excited.
    264p8a9.png
  • My brother and I want to visit Japan so bad.<br>So do my two friends, who are taking Japanese in school.<br><br>I'm blaming everything on them. Neil's the one who got me hooked on anime, and Erin's the one who introduced me to manga.<br><br>They're both teaching me a little Japanese. I can speak a couple words and I can recognize others. (I'm the one who was "smart" and took Spanish, so I don't have to learn a whole new way of writing. ^^)<br>I'd like to be able to speak it fluently, but it's not so important as to obsess over it forever. <br><br>I've all but stopped buying "normal" books at the bookstore now. I go straight to the manga section and spend twenty dollars here, twenty dollars there...<br><br><br>I love Bleach and Death Note, same with my two friends. L and Light are my two favorites, along with Rem and Ryuk. <br>Host Club, Fruits Basket, and a couple others are up there, too. Heh :D
    1ywdms.png
  • You know I am Japanese person of doom, well, kinda >.> I promise to break out my textbooks if you must needs speak japaneses, tho. I was lucky enough to have taken three years of it in high school, not that I amember anything.
    seaoats_insanityban.png
  • I have a aunt who's Japanese >.> she's not related to me, my uncle is but still xD But I never see her, they live over in California somewhere :P but they just recently went to Japan and I saw video of it, it was sweeeet ;D
    Please PM if I win.
    2009_04_27Banner1Heartbeat1.png
    Boz's Art Dump
  • I'm still considering starting a forum somewhere for anyone interested. If you want me to PM you the link when/if I do then let me know :).
    taras.jpgninatails.gif
    Tara.png
  • I am to some degree, however for the majority of the population it's most likely just a cultural fad for the moment.