Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deformities/illness?

2»

Comments

• I agree with you there Marleen..<br><br>Also, if we're going to be really realistic here, grooming/mood should be bigger factors in the condition bar too. If you have a depressed dog that's never groomed, it should lower condition every time you turn it with a certain % of the bar too low. And I still say rescue kennels should be able to rescue on a total amount of ALL bars, not just if condition is below 60%. It should be more like if grooming and/or mood are all red it should lower condition a sliver every time you turn them that way if it's going to stay rescuing only based on the condition bar.
  • I dissagree with the statement that Conformation dogs would suffer, because they are not trained. I've been noticing in my dogs at least, that if I breed them in a kennel that isn't a Sponsor breeding one, they obviously don't get the star-boost that breeding kennels offer. Their stats will go up, and if you match pairs properly (such as breed a 1 star Adaptability dog, to one that has 2 Adaptability stars) you will get a slight star boost, but it's always within half-stars and stays level between the two parents (this is how I got a trio of rather good star-conformation quality dobies).<br><br>I think, you can still train Conformation dogs to avoid the illnesses, but you can only breed them in novice kennels. So they can avoid the star boosts that would ruin them in conformation shows.
    Friendly until crossed. Consider yourself warned.
    Doberman Pinschers [Sponsor Training]
    VPNHC.gif
  • :shock: Wow, I thought that NOBODY would post this but I TOTALLY agree. It makes VP more interesting and exciting.
    muffin.jpg

My other forum name is Snicks, so you might see me on that.

Postal Rank: 45
  • WoS wrote:
    I agree with you there Marleen..<br><br>Also, if we're going to be really realistic here, grooming/mood should be bigger factors in the condition bar too. If you have a depressed dog that's never groomed, it should lower condition every time you turn it with a certain % of the bar too low. And I still say rescue kennels should be able to rescue on a total amount of ALL bars, not just if condition is below 60%. It should be more like if grooming and/or mood are all red it should lower condition a sliver every time you turn them that way if it's going to stay rescuing only based on the condition bar.
    <br><br>I like the idea, but I see a way that can be easily abused. Until I'm in the phase where I'm finalizing a dog, I don't pay any attention to it's grooming and only enough on it's mood to either: raise aggression and/or keep it happy enough to keep it cooperative. <br><br>If your idea is in place, then technically, someone could easily steal my dog while I'm in the middle of training it, because all it's bars won't be full, or even half-full because of how close I've learned to cut it before I turn, and it would be considered a rescue.
    VPNHC.gif
  • No, not really, because the kennel would still have to be inactive for a month to prevent that.
  • Ahh, okay, my bad. Sorry.
    VPNHC.gif
  • well maybe dogs can get fleas and stuff if they arent groomed that much. and maybe it could spread to your other dogs in your kennel and that scue/vet kennels a chance to use there vet skills. And you can get like vaccinated so your dogs dont get them or somthing!
    bbcfe9de.gif
  • hmm wish there was some way inactive non-groomed dogs could get bad things, but ones active (ie being trained at that second) wouldn't. <br><br>I'm sure there's all sorts of problems that could happen from not being groomed, and of course it should hit showability if they aren't, because if you tried to show like a matted collie in a real show you wouldn't get very far.