Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Special bonuses for neutered dogs..

edited August 2006 in Game Suggestions
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this..but unless a neutered dog is a gift dog, or 10x4, or something special like that...no one wants it. Even then it's hard to get good prices for them. A good friend of mine who ran a rescue where she fully trained..FULLY TRAINED dogs to 200/280 couldn't adopt out dogs for 5000, yes only 5000 for a fully trained dog, because they were neutered. <br><br>Maybe there needs to be special events for neutered dogs? Some sort of bonus for training/showing neutered dogs? Something to make them worth something again? Most people just seem to want dogs to breed now, even though neutered dogs can and do win just as much if not more than intact dogs.<br><br>Or maybe even something like the tournament of champions run for neutered dogs only?

Comments

• I know that 3 of my 5 dogs are neutered and yet they still usually place in the top 5 for flyball. Truthfully I don’t look at if a dog is intact or not when buying it, there are other things to consider. Although a bonus for showing or owning the dogs would be nice but not necessary.
  • I sold three Neatured Champion dogs for 5 Million. Your idea is okay, but I'm still so-so on it.
    minmap-1.jpg 2007_07Slushies1Mini1.gif
    Parker, Boz, Gabby, Asher and Loko are cooler then you.
  • well that's exactly my point, unless they're something 'special' already, you can't even give them away. I had three fully trained foxes that would've made excellent show dogs that are just sitting on my kennel doing nothing because I couldn't even give them away. Nothing wrong with them except they're neutered. :?
  • I'll take the foxes if you want. It may be while before I can get them because I'm not on that much right now. Mail me with a price and I'll bid the next time I'm on.
    banner2.jpg
    Looking to buy African Wild Dogs.
  • I think they should have a bonus type thing..... for mutts/neutered dogs. I have a sponser rescue, but i aslo have a novice mutt rescue. It is hard to get rid of those dogs.....
  • yeah i think three sould be comps just for them i know i have lie 4-6 neutred dogs adn i almost like them sometimes more than others and the problem is that most people treat them almost worst than mutts and i personally like mutts as well i dont know what they have against them adn i think he breeding is getting a little out of hand to many people ae haong pups they dnt want them others dont want them so we have all these newborn pups getting released with no homes i think somthing should be done about breeding aswell
    stephvan-Aussie and german shpherd owner-
  • i totally agree with you stephvan my dog had puppys and i sold them and some one payed 100 000 on the dog and just neutered it and realeased it and it was a great dog 6-4 when it was born and this other dog i have is neutered and fully trained and i got her for a great price just cause shes neutered so it can be a great thing for the people that dont care if they are neutered or not!
    bichonshihtzugurl12345pp8.gif
    greenday.gif
  • As for the tournament of champions for neutered dogs, perhaps someone with a sponsor prestige kennel could make a club for neutered, fully trained show dogs. Then there could be events that only neutered show dogs could compete in....hmm, that's a good idea - if I get a prestige I think I'll do that! :lol: